Some really cool upgrades have enhanced Facebook for those who have business pages. Developers have been asking admins how they can make business pages easier to use. We responded with a number of things that we would like to add to the capabilities of business pages. The developers listened and as of mid February they sent out emails detailing the new features they would be revealing.
The developers allowed us to see what our business accounts will look like and upgrade the pages ourselves if we would like. All pages will automatically be upgraded on March 10th.
Here are some of the new features:
· Notifications when fans interact with your page or posts – Previously an admin would need to visit the page to see if a fan posted to their page, now it will give you a notification of this just like a personal page.
· A place to showcase photos along the top of your page – Just as the personal pages now have, pictures will be showcased along the top. Admins can choose to hide a certain picture if they would not like it showcased by rolling over it and clicking on the X button that appears.
· A news feed for your page - News Feed — the center column of your home page — is a constantly updating list of stories from people and pages that you follow on Facebook. You can “switch” to the business account to see this.
· The ability to Like and post on other pages as your page – “Switching” to the business account allows you to post on other business pages as your business. This gives your page more visibility. At this time you cannot post on personal pages as your business.
To “switch” between personal accounts and business accounts:
· You must be an admin of the page
· Go to the business page
· In the upper right hand corner of the page, find the link that says “Use Facebook as [Business Name]”
· Repeat steps and click link that will now say “Use Facebook as [Your Name]” to switch back
These changes allow businesses a lot more freedom and visibility with their pages. As always, if you would like to discuss options for marketing your business with Social Media, contact Lisa Adams at 239-963-5369.