We have some amazing news for anyone who holds a Registered Contractor’s license that is under the purview of the CILB. If you have held an active state-registered license for a minimum of 5 years, you can submit an application to receive an equivalent Certified License as of October 1, 2012. This means that you can then be licensed to do work in any county throughout Florida without having to get multiple county licenses! All you would need to do is register your one license in the county you wish to do business!
House Bill 897, which passed during the 2012 legislative session, was approved by Governor Rick Scott on May 4, 2012. This bill will re-open and extend the time period for contractors to request that their registered contractor’s license be grandfathered to a state wide certified contractor’s license. This grandfathering time period will take effect on October 1, 2012 and applications will be accepted until November 1, 2015.
- Currently hold a valid state-registered construction license. (Specialty Licenses are not included in this grandfathering provision.)
- Have, for that category, passed a written examination that the board finds to be substantially similar to the examination required to be licensed as a certified contractor under this part.
- Have held an active state-registered license for a minimum of 5 years.
- Have not had your contractor's license revoked at any time, nor have had your license suspended or been assessed a fine in excess of $500 within the last 5 years.
- Hold the correct minimum insurances.
- Meet the minimum 660 credit score, or obtain a bond if you do not.
- Supply the application fee of $309.00.
This could be the perfect opportunity to expand your territory. Start getting those jobs that have always been just outside your reach… Call the Team at Licenses, Etc. today to find out more.